If you aren’t already following Fred Hahn’s blog, I suggest you do. I had the pleasure of sitting down with Fred and talking about his slow burn training method, his company serious strength and the reality of exercise today. Watch him tackle the most popular of myths with simple science and practical logic.
- Exercise is best done as safe as possible in a time efficient manner
- Genetics plays a good role in physical development/hormonal response
- Diet & rest are just as important as a proper exercise routine
- High intensity resistance training is the most effective way to workout
- Skill & strength are developed separately, so they should be trained separately
- Lifting resistance should be done slow and controlled
Exercise & Fitness with Expert Fred Hahn
Slow burn is a high intensity exercise program. The person is slowly lifting and lowering heavy weights in a controlled manner until muscular fatigue (until you can no longer lift the resistance) . Lifting weights slowly will reduce the chance of injury and take away any chance of using momentum to help lift the weight.
I personally vouch for Fred’s slow burn method. I’ve been doing slow burn for a few months now with great results. I’m much stronger than I ever was and combined with a natural diet, I’ve become leaner than I’ve ever been in my life. You can visit Fred’s site at seriousstrength.com and follow his blog slowburnfitness.com