This is a great quick keto treat for those hot summer days! The “ice cream” whips up in seconds and in less than an hour in the freezer it’s ready to eat.
This fat bomb is very low in carbs with over 90% of calories from fat — it’s a frozen sugar-free dessert that won’t spike your blood sugar levels.
I’ve used a simple sugar-free chocolate swirl here but I’ve already began to imagine the different flavour combinations that would work here — berry puree, roasted nut butter folded through or even some low-carb lemon curd would all be delicious!
Tips & Substitutions
- Instead of raw cacao powder, you can use Dutch process cocoa powder. Just make sure it is sugar-free.
- Feel free to skip the sweetener or use more to taste. Instead of erythritol-based sweeteners, you can use any of the low-carb sweeteners listed here.
- To make the this low-carb ice cream dairy-free, use coconut cream or coconut milk instead of the dairy cream.
- You can even make this ice cream taste like froyo. To do that, swap half of the cream with full-fat plain yogurt or sour cream. For dairy-free, use coconut yogurt.
Sign up for FREE and get:
- 3 free diet plans to help you kickstart
your diet, lose weight and get healthy
- Recipes, giveaways and exclusive
deals delivered directly to your inbox
- A chance to win the KetoDiet app
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs2.8 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 3%, fat 92%
Total carbs4.3 gramsFiber1.5 gramsSugars2 gramsSaturated fat14.8 gramsSodium24 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium25 mg(6% RDA)Potassium107 mg(5% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 3 tbsp powdered Swerve or Erythritol (30 g/ 1.1 oz), or to taste
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder (16 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 3 tbsp boiling water (45 ml/ 1.5 fl oz)
Note: For alternatives, check the Tips & Substitutions above.
- Add the cream and 1 tbsp Swerve to a mixing bowl and mix on high speed until peeks form.
- Add the cacao and remaining 2 tbsp Swerve to a small bowl and pour over the boiling water. Stir until both are dissolved.
- Pour the chocolate mix over the cream and gently fold through, leaving it streaky.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into four bowls, and place the bowl in the freezer for around 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until desired consistency is reached.
- If it freezes too much, simply remove from the freezer, allow to sit at room temperature a few minutes before serving.
Note if you are not serving these immediately, its best to store them in the fridge, and then move to the freezer 45 minutes before you plan on eating them.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!