I’m loving these easy keto Bacon Cheddar Egg Cups! They’re the perfect poppable on-the-go breakfast option. They also work wonderfully as a meal prep option, keeping for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
Be sure to use small or medium eggs in these as large eggs may spill over in the pan.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 cup)
Net carbs1.6 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 25%, fat 72%
Total carbs2 gramsFiber0.4 gramsSugars1 gramsSaturated fat5.6 gramsSodium481 mg(21% RDA)Magnesium15 mg(4% RDA)Potassium173 mg(9% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 cups)
- 6 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 cup grated turnip or kohlrabi (130 g/ 4.6 oz)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked (180 g/ 6.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Place the bacon in a hot pan and cook for a few minutes. Turn and cook for a few more minutes. The bacon should be cooked but still soft (not too crispy).
- Preheat oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F (conventional), or 170 °C/ 340 °F (fan assisted). Divide the grated turnip between 6 silicone muffin molds. Place a strip of bacon into the mold around the edges.
- Place a tablespoon of cheese into the mold then crack an egg into each mold.
- Transfer to oven for 20-25 minutes or until set. Eat warm or cold. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 cup)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!