As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
This Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken is the perfect quick and easy weeknight keto meal. Best of all, it only dirties one pan.
In addition to this broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken, check out some of my favorite keto chicken recipes:
How to make riced broccoli:
- Place broccoli florets in a food processor and pulse until they resemble the size and shape of rice
- Grate a head of broccoli on a box grater
- Finely chop with a knife
- Check your local grocery store. Products like this are becoming more and more common and it is likely that you can find pre-packaged riced broccoli in the fresh and frozen sections of your local grocery store.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups riced broccoli
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds total) (I get my chicken here)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, the heavy cream, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat, stirring frequently until the sauce is smooth and thick. Reduce the heat to low.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a large oven-proof skillet. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the broccoli, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the vegetable mixture in with the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Make slits in the sides of the chicken breasts to create a pocket to stuff the cheese and vegetable mixture into. Stuff the chicken breasts and arrange them in the skillet that you just cooked the vegetables in.
- Pour the remaining cheese and vegetable mixture over top of the chicken breasts and then sprinkle them with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to broil and cook for an addition 5 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the cheese on top is crispy.
Net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- Method: Baked
- Calories: 605
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 70g
Click HERE to Pin
Jo is the food photographer and stylist behind healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo’s a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also sweetener and dairy-free.