As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Rich and delicious, this Keto Brownie Ice Cream is the perfect summer treat. It’s so good that you won’t even know it is low carb and gluten free.
Rich, chocolatey, sugar free ice cream loaded with keto brownies
No, this is not a dream. The most decadent dark chocolate ice cream is blended with almond butter and Fudgy Double Chocolate Keto Brownies — it’s everything you want in a chocolate ice cream recipe and so much more. Back in my high carb days, I would frequent Dairy Queen for a brownie blizzard. It was so rich and delicious, with chunks of chewy, fudgy brownies. I can recall the exact taste merely by thinking of it. Since those days are long behind me, I wanted a keto ice cream recipe that would satisfy that same craving. This Keto Brownie Ice Cream Recipe definitely fits the bill. Even if ice cream isn’t your thing, these gluten free brownies make a superb keto sweet treat all on their own. While this recipe does call for the use of an ice cream maker, it is definitely worth it. If you are looking for a no-churn keto ice cream recipe, be sure to check out my Low Carb Chocolate Mason Jar Ice Cream recipe.
Craving a keto brownie AND low carb ice cream?
Why not have both? This chocolate ice cream recipe goes beyond the average because it’s loaded with chunks of deliciously fudgy low carb flourless brownies. And because it’s loaded with healthy fats like real heavy cream, eggs, and smooth almond butter, it’ll curb that sweet tooth and make you feel satiated. Who needs a Snickers when you have a super satisfying low carb chocolate ice cream recipe?
Better than store-bought sugar free ice cream
If you check out the nutrition labels for sugar free ice cream at your local grocery store, you’ll likely find a bunch of junk ingredients. Glycerin, “natural flavors,” propylene glycol monoesters, cellulose gel, various gums, carrageenan, milk protein concentrate, sunflower oil, and even SUGAR … these are just some of the common ingredients listed. The easiest way to avoid ingredients like this in your ice cream? Make your own! Homemade ice cream is delicious and you’ll be able to recognize every single one of the ingredients. BUT, I highly recommend making a double or even triple batch, because this won’t last long!
Some fun ways to mix up this low carb ice cream recipe:
In addition to this Keto Brownie Ice Cream, check out some of my other favorite low carb dessert recipes:
Tips to ensure best results for this Keto Brownie Ice cream recipe:
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: This recipe does call for the use of an ice cream machine. This is the one I recommend.
- Pre-freeze your ice cream container for faster freezing
- Using an alcohol based vanilla extract prevents the ice cream getting too hard, especially if you use erythritol as the sweetener as this sets the ice cream harder.
- Using erythritol makes it set hard so just make sure you leave it out of the freezer to warm before scooping (20 minutes to one hour. I used powdered erythritol in this recipe and it was perfectly creamy and scoop-able once warmed a little from the freezer.
- Heat 1 cup the heavy cream in a saucepan over low heat. Add the chocolate chips to the pan and stirring regularly, heat until the chocolate is fully melted. Remove from heat and allow too cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat erythritol and egg yolks together until pale and thick.
- Add the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate and mix to combine. Return the pan to low heat and stir continuously until it thickens, about 1 minute. Do not allow the mixture to come to a bubble or it will break. Pour the mix into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the remaining 3/4 cup of heavy cream until thick and stiff peaks form. Fold the cooled chocolate mix, along with the almond butter and vanilla extract into the whipped cream. If the mixture is too thick, thin out with 2 to 3 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker (I use and love this one) and process according to the manufacturers instructions. This could take 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the ice cream maker being used.
- Once the ice cream is done, transfer it to a large freezable container, like the loaf pan pictured. Fold in the brownie chunks and freeze for 1 to 2 hours, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Once you remove the ice cream from the freezer, allow it to sit on the counter to soften just slightly before enjoying.
Net carbs per serving: 6.3g
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 32.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: keto ice cream, low carb ice cream, keto dessert recipes, keto brownies, gluten free brownies, flourless brownies, keto recipes, low carb recipes
Jo is the food photographer and stylist behind healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo’s a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also sweetener and dairy-free.