There is nothing as refreshing as icy granita on a hot summer day. Even better, when it’s made with frozen coffee!
This low-carb granita can’t be any easier to prepare. You will only need three simple ingredients — or two if you like your coffee sweetener-free. It’s the perfect treat with almost zero carbs and zero calories!
I like to make mine using cold brew from quality ground coffee but you can use regular chilled espresso coffee or if you aren’t fussy you can even use instant chilled coffee.
I like to serve mine with our Keto Coffee Creamer. If you are short on time, simply mix some heavy whipping cream with almond milk and add a pinch of cinnamon, vanilla powder or even cocoa powder to make mocha flavoured keto granita. And if you want to pimp up your sugar-free granita, just add a dash of our Low-Carb Baileys!
I love this coffee granita but if you’re not a fan of coffee, try our Sugar-Free Lemon Granita (soooo refreshing!) or Sugar-Free Strawberry Rosé Granita — they are equally delicious and really easy to make!
Sign up for FREE and get:
- 3 free diet plans to help you kickstart
your diet, lose weight and get healthy
- Recipes, giveaways and exclusive
deals delivered directly to your inbox
- A chance to win the KetoDiet app
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 cup/ 240 ml)
Net carbs1 grams
Calories from carbs 72%, protein 20%, fat 8%
Total carbs1 gramsFiber0 gramsSugars1 gramsSaturated fat0 gramsSodium5 mg(0% RDA)Magnesium7 mg(2% RDA)Potassium116 mg(6% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- Place the ground coffee in a large jar (at least 1 L). Add cold filtered water and stir to combine.
- close the jar with a lid and place in the fridge overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- To strain the coffee, line a fine-mesh strainer with a piece of cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
- Pour the coffee through through, let it drip freely. Do not squeeze or press. Discard the leftover coffee grounds trapped in the cheesecloth.
- Transfer the coffee into a clean pitcher or a jar. Add powdered sweetener and stir to combine.
- To make the granita, pour the coffee into a container or baking dish that can fit into your freezer.
- Freeze until the mixture becomes icy on the edges, about 30 minutes. Using a fork, scrape and mash the icy edges and combine with the unfrozen juices. Place back in the freezer and repeat up to 4 times, until the mixture is flaky – the granita is ready.
Tip: To make the granita very smooth, scrape more with a fork, or place in a food processor and pulse until it resembles smooth snow.
- To serve, place the granita into serving glasses. Store any leftover granita in the freezer for up to 6 months. I like to keep mine in single-serving freezer bags.
- Optionally, serve with heavy whipping cream, almond milk, Keto Coffee Creamer, Keto Condensed Milk or our Low-Carb Baileys.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 1 cup/ 240 ml)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!