These macadamia crusted mahi mahi bowls are a delicious low-carb meal that’s vibrant and packed with flavor. I love the quick cucumber avocado salsa which goes great with the nutty macadamia flavor and flaky fish.
This is an easy keto and Whole30 compliant meal as well! Be sure to watch the fish while baking to ensure the topping doesn’t get too dark. You can cover it with foil halfway through baking to prevent it from burning if needed.
GIVEAWAY TIME! Join my giveaway and win 3 copies of our 30-Day Keto Diet Plan and 3 copies of the KetoDiet App! Simply visit my YouTube Channel and check the description of my video for details.
Sign up for FREE and get:
- 3 free diet plans to help you kickstart
your diet, lose weight and get healthy
- Recipes, giveaways and exclusive
deals delivered directly to your inbox
- A chance to win the KetoDiet app
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs7 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 21%, fat 73%
Total carbs17.9 gramsFiber10.8 gramsSugars4.5 gramsSaturated fat6.2 gramsSodium314 mg(14% RDA)Magnesium83 mg(21% RDA)Potassium1,238 mg(62% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
Macadamia crusted mahi mahi:
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt salt
- 2 mahi mahi fillets (225 g/ 8 oz)
Cucumber avocado salsa:
- 1 large avocado, diced (200 g/ 7 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber (67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (37 g/ 1.3 oz)
- 2 tbsp minced red onion (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, added to the salsa (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 2 cups cauliflower rice, cooked (240 g/ 8.5 oz) + 3.6 g net carbs per serving
- Preheat oven to 230 °C/ 450 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Mix the crushed macadamia nuts with the spices.
- Press the fish into the mixture to coat before placing on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Place all of the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix together the salsa ingredients.
- Place the fish on top of the cauliflower rice and top with salsa before serving. Serve immediately.
- To store, keep fish and cauli-rice separately from the salsa. Both can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|1.7 g||2.6 g||25.4 g||241 kcal|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Chile (chili) powder, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Garlic powder, spices|
|0.2 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Onion powder, spices|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Mahi Mahi fish|
|0 g||21 g||0.8 g||89 kcal|
|1.8 g||2 g||14.7 g||161 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||4 kcal|
|Peppers, red bell, fresh|
|0.7 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||6 kcal|
|Onion, red, fresh|
|0.7 g||0.1 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Lemon juice, raw|
|1 g||0.1 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Coriander (cilantro), fresh|
|0 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|7 g||26.5 g||41.2 g||513 kcal|
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!